Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Friendship


"Friends are not an opportunity - but a sweet responsibility."

I read this quote a while back and it has stuck with me ever since. The idea of having a responsibility to cherish those that are close to you resonated with me, especially now.

To say that I am overwhelmed by the surprise this group put together for me is an understatement. I was moved to tears by each card I read, and the gifts were more than generous and very, very appreciated. I am ever so thankful to have each and every one of you in my life. (My kitties are, too - the toys they received are making a strange apartment seem a little more like home for them). Thanks, also to Laura for all of your work putting this together.

Although we've had a bumpy go of it lately, I feel like such a lucky woman to have such great friends, indeed. You all touched my heart in a way that words seem inadequate to explain. A huge, heartfelt "thank you" will have to do!!

5 comments:

Leigh and Anthony said...

I'm glad you liked your gifts. I hope it makes things a little better.

Leigh

Daniella said...

Happy to hear that the surprise cheered you up - Be well...
Daniella

Andrea Y said...

I'm glad you like everything. I hope you and your family are back in your home soon.

Andrea Y

Lisa said...

Glad you were pleasantly surprised. Hope you will be back in your home quickly.

Lisa G

Andrea W. said...

I'm so glad we could brighten your day. It was our pleasure!

Andrea W