Monday, March 26, 2007

The End of Round #1

Round #1

Well, it's that time, folks....Round #1 of our Secret Pal Exchange is coming to an end. If you haven't sent your final "reveal" gift out to your pal, please do so this week.

Here's how it went.....

From what you've shared with me...some of you had a great Secret Pal experience, and some of you didn't. I heard from at least one person who didn't receive a gift, and several who hardly ever heard from their pals.

One thing that struck me the most was that those folks who had the most fun didn't necessarily get the most or the "best" gifts. Instead, they heard from their pals consistently, whether through e-mails or cards or comments on their blog. For a secret pal exchange to be sucessful, it's so important to be - well - involved. Take the time to get to know your pal. If circumstances arise and your life is super crazy - tell her. Let her know that even though you don't have time to write her a life story, you made the time to at least say hi.

Being a good pal is more than just sending a gift every 30 days. Please consider sitting out the next round if you don't feel you can commit to contacting your pal every week or so to see how their life is going. Everyone deserves a good, committed pal. Enough said.

Round #2

Round #2 will start May 1. Signup questionnaires will go out April 1, and signups will be from April 5 through April 20 (no gift exchange in April).

I think it might be fun to let folks choose who they'd like to spoil (anonymously, of course). If you'd like to be someone's pal, please let me know. It will work on a first come, first served basis, so please be understanding if you don't get your first choice. If you don't have someone in mind, not a problem - we'll match you up as we did for Round #1. I'm also looking for a volunteer to help moderate the exchange.

Lastly, if you have any feedback to improve the Secret Pal exchange - please share!! This is our group, and input is always welcomed.

All done now.

Heather in AZ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for organizing this Heather! I had a great experience. I enjoyed being Lisa's pal, and my secret pal was very good to me. I am still waiting to find out who she is, and I can't wait!

Thanks,
REbecca

Daniella said...

Thanks Heather and Theresa for all your hardwork organizing. I had an awesome experience. I loved spoiling Terri and Theresa spoiled me which was great fun - but like you said, besides the gifts (which I loved all of mine) I have lifetime friends on both sides of this - Theresa and Terri - I'm looking forward to the next round. I agree with your suggestion about sitting out if you can't commit - it's only fair. I like the idea of choosing but I think I may just leave that up to you again :) Again, thanks for all the hard work!
Daniella